BRILLIANT is a national commissioning scheme aimed at encouraging anyone living in the UK (aged 18+) to suggest their brightest idea for an artwork using the medium of light to be produced and exhibited at Lumiere 2023.
The scheme aims to encourage creativity across the UK as well as highlighting brilliant ideas from people living in or originally from the North East.
Successful applicants will be supported by Artichoke with the production costs and technical expertise to create and install their artwork and will receive a fee.
BRILLIANT ARTISTS RECEIVE:
- A fee of up to £1000
- Support from an Artichoke Producer and Production Manager to realise the idea
- Production/materials/fabrication/installation costs up to £7000
- Artichoke will pay for the costs of event management and security associated with your installation
- Bespoke professional development, including ongoing mentoring and advice after Lumiere
- An international platform to exhibit your artwork. Lumiere is attended by hundreds of thousands of people and receives significant coverage from local, national and international media
- Introduction to appropriate networks to support future exhibitions and showings of your artwork
Who can apply?
- Anyone aged over 18
- Anyone currently living in the UK
We are particularly interested in receiving applications from:
- Individuals who are currently living in or are originally from the North East and are local to Durham
Those who are under-represented in our BRILLIANT alumni, particularly:
- Those who identify as a person of colour
- Those who identify as a person who is d/Deaf, disabled or neurodivergent
Deadline: 11:59pm, Sunday 19 February 2023 GMT
For more information and to apply, visit: www.lumiere-festival.com/brilliant-2023/